So awhile back, I posted a reading recommendation on Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I made it through 6 of 7 books, and sort of lost interest as I started the 7th. I have every intention of finishing the series, but have had some other books closer to the top of my list to read. One that snuck (why is "snuck" not recognized by spell checker?? Turns out that "sneaked" is the preferred past tense of sneak... Who knew!) to the top of the list was Stephen King's newest novel, Under the Dome. I'm listening to it on audiobook, all 35 hours of it. So far it is reeeeeeally good. I love how the creepiest parts tend to jump out of nowhere to doubly scare you - it's scary enough to read a scary part, but to have the scary parts sneak up on you - yikes!
Parts of the Dark Tower series really seemed to draggg on and on. Not so with Under the Dome - I'm half way through and feel like I just started reading yesterday. It really clips along at a quick pace. Here's hoping the second half is as good as the first!
You're right...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment